If you would like to set up a plastic free community where you live, you might find some of the presentations, questionnaires and other templates in our toolkit useful. We can talk through the toolkit with you and offer advice on how to get started. Contact us to book a free workshop with us if you are based in Gloucestershire. All files in the toolkit are available as PDFs on request.
1. Plastic Audit Questionnaires
A simple plastic-use audit for individuals, businesses and community groups who want to start reducing their plastic footprint. These questionnaires can help to identify where single-use plastic is being used and offer a range of practical solutions for starting to swap and eliminate unnecessary plastic.
- Plastic audit questionnaire – AT HOME
- Plastic audit questionnaire – FOR BUSINESSES
- Plastic audit questionnaire – COMMUNITY GROUPS
2. Presentations for talks
Three powerpoint presentation templates with scripts, photos, and plastic stats to be used for public talks, speaking to community groups and clubs, as well as school children of different ages.
- Template presentation – adults
- Template presentation – older children
- Template presentation – younger children
3. A Simple Constitution for Plastic Free Groups
A basic constitution along these lines may be a useful framework if a group has reached the stage of needing a bank account and/or is applying for funding.
4. Local Council documents
These documents can be helpful for getting the local civic institutions such as parish, town or district councils on board.
- Text of SAS motion for local council(s)
- Examples of action on plastic by local councils’ Task & Finish Group reports and similar documents
5. Plastic Free Communities Accreditation
If you would like to register with Surfers Against Sewage as a community lead for their plastic free community accreditation, head on over to their website. Once you are registered, you will receive a comprehensive information pack with five main objectives to achieve. Our action plan template below can help you to keep track of your work. We have also included a proposal template for signing up a ‘flagship employer’ under the scheme. We would be very happy to share with your our experience of working on this accreditation for the Stroud district in 2020.